Thursday, December 1, 2011

I didn't die, I swear!

Ok. So. Yeah. I haven't posted anything in... What? 3-4 months. Well, that sucks, doesn't it? I had a load of unavoidable stuff drop on me now that I moved from Charlotte down to live with my grandparents and give them a helping hand. Who knew that taking care of older people in bad health would suck away ALL of your time?

For now, I plan on trying to slowly get myself back into doing this blog. It's an important thing to me, and I enjoy it a hell of a lot. Unfortunately for anyone who would love me enough to yell "He's back!" it may be a little shaky. That said, lets get down to business.

I know I haven't even touched any 40k stuff in a long while, even before my descent into non-blogging. Still, it's funny how there's always something that will draw you back in. For me, it's the fact that I have a ridiculous amount of Dark Eldar sitting unpainted and unloved in boxes.

I love the models, I love the fluff, I still think the rules are lackluster, especially when compared to other codices. But, I'm not necessarily here to whine on and on about how shit I have it. Hell, Sisters didn't even get new models.

My good buddy Rick has been on me for a while now to get off my ass and do some 40k stuff. So, I finally broke down and actually came up with what I think I might enjoy running. Now, it may not be competitive, but I think it may be a bit of fun to drop on the table. If nothing else, it'll give me something to paint while I start studying for the South Carolina Bar ;)

So, let's look at 2 variations of what I think I might run.

HQ

Archon w/ Shadowfield, Combat Drugs, Agonizer and Grenade Launcher

ELITES

2x 7 Bloodbrides including a Syren with Agonizer in a stock Raider
5 Incubi in a stock Raider

TROOPS

6x 5 Warriors w/ a Blaster in a stock Raider

FAST ATTACK

2x 2 Beastmasters w/ 10 Khymerae

HEAVY SUPPORT

3x Ravagers

The second variation takes away the Archon's drugs and uses those extra point to buy 2 of the Warrior squads Venoms. Part of my motivation is working with models I mainly already have. To do either of these variations, I only have to by some Incubi, Beast stand-ins (Chaos Warhounds) and 2 Venoms. Easy enough to do.

Anyways, kinda wanted to get this post just out there into the open waters of the Internet and then take it from there. Theoretically, I have new life experience which I can change into some nice little articles for anyone who's kind enough to read my babbling ;)

4 comments:

  1. great to see you back. looking forward to whatever you feel the desire to write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support. I'm just glad that people like what I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you update as much as i do! good to see you are back to it! check my blog out i think you will like it =)

    http://warhammerwithzail.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. also i have added you to my blogroll, hope that helps you get out there abit more

    ReplyDelete